Hi! My name is Ben, I am 17 years old and I have a moderate Learning Disability, difficulties with communication, anxiety and ASD . I have a caring, fun and mischievous sense of humour. I like to be busy and enjoy going to the park, walking, sports and swimming. While at home I enjoy cooking and in my down time I like listening to music, watching Mr Bean and Peppa pig and seeing my family, who are very important to me. With time and trust I have embraced education while in my placement and want to continue with this now I am home.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for a Team Leader to lead my new team, in North Tyneside, of Support Workers and run my service day to day. I need support 3-1 during the day and a 2-1 in the evening. My Team Leader will be off rota and be on-call and part of the on-call rota. My Team Leader will be working in the Seco office as directed by the Registered Manager and provided with a laptop and mobile phone.
Overall objectives of the post:
To lead and be part of a team providing support for adults and young people with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour. Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
My teams key responsibilities are:
- To encourage me to develop life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations
- To support me in my chosen area of occupation (if applicable)
- Carry out and support a range of household tasks including cleaning, cooking, washing, minor maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To participate in my assessments and help with the preparation of my individual plans, implementation of action plans and attending my reviews.
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Seco Support’s Policies, Procedures and systems
- Promote my personal autonomy ensuring this reflects my views, wishes and opinions.
- Record and inform management of any changes observed in my physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention
- Liaise as required with my family, advocates and professionals
- Comply with all of the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation
- Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations
- Carry out and support me with house administration
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance, review and training
- Undertake all other duties and tasks commensurate with scope and grade of post as directed by management
My Team Leaders Key responsibilities are:
- Will manage the team’s training, annual leave and rotas
- Will manage the finances with the service. This includes Seco Support finances as well as mine.
- Responsible for ensuring that timesheets are completed for each all the team
- To complete formal supervisions, probations and appraisals in line with Seco timescales
- Responsible for creating my Person Centred Plan (PCP) and regularly reviewing and updating
- Ensure my service is Health & Safety compliant.
- Creating support plans and RISP’s (where applicable) for me and regularly reviewing and updating.
- Interview and support new team members.
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs so this list is not exclusive.
What you need to work with me
An NVQ or equivalent and experience in managing supported living services is essential, along with great time management, motivation forward thinking. Full training will be provided through Seco Supports full induction programme and online learning.
The following attributes are a must as I am looking to recruit a resilient, observant and likeminded Team Leader with:
- Good communication skills
- Sense of Humour
- Open Mindedness
- The ability to see me as a person
- Ability to adapt their communication to meet my needs and preferences
- Understanding of my complex history
- Drivers Licence (not essential but preferred)
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
- An exceptionally strong salary at £24,375 per annum (full time)
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression
- Opportunity to complete an NVQ in Health and Social Care (Leadership and Management)
If you want to join my journey and be part of my team please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
* Please note we are not a recruitment agency and currently do not offer sponsorship.