Full Job Description
****** A £150 Joining Bonus payable after 1 month of Employment ******
We are recruiting for Thomas who is moving into his new home in Brighton. He needs you to help him live the life he chooses!
No experience is required, we just ask you share the same values as us.
We support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. We are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support.
- Everyone should have deep, caring and meaningful relationships in their life
- Everyone has the right to develop and grow
- Everyone has the right to a safe place to live that they can call home
- A service should be designed around the person
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box is paramount to developing bespoke services for people
Thomas wants to enjoy good times and live peacefully and happily in his new home. Thomas needs to recover from the support and care he has experienced and therefore it will take time for him to build a relationship with you. Thomas needs to be supported to live comfortably and adjust slowly to community life.
Thomas is funny, has a great memory and is a good mimic, loves sport and TV programmes. Thomas likes nice food and meeting people. Thomas enjoys going out, music with his precious radio, looking nice and being treated with kindness and care. Thomas is devoted to his family and will be spending a lot of time with them when he is home.
Why join our team?
We believe it is vital to look after our employees just as much as we do the people we support. You will always be able to speak to someone who will coach you and provide a space for reflection. You will join a team of professionals who look out for each other and ultimately, work together creatively to achieve the same goals.
- Salary - £14 per hour
- Flexible shift pattern of 0800-2000 and 2000-0800
- Annual Leave – 28 days per year
- £150 reward for referring your friends
- No experience required
- Company pension
- Full induction and on-going paid training
- Access to discounts with a variety of retailers
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Career progression
- Be dedicated
- Be reliable
- Be patient
- Have compassion
- Be understanding
- Have good communication skills
- Have a great sense of humour
- Be committed
- Show confidence
- Be caring
- Be open minded
- Hold the ability to see me as a person
- Have the ability to adapt your communication to meet Thomas’ needs and preferences
- Be understanding of Tony’s complex history
- Be empathetic
Full training will be provided through Seco Supports induction programme and online learning.
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join Thomas’ journey and be part of his team, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.