We are recruiting for Ayla who lives in her own home in Portslade. Ayla is a young lady who knows what she wants and is recruiting a team of people to support her to live her life.
No experience is required, we just ask you share the same values as us.
Why join our team?
We believe it is vital to look after our employees just as much as we do the people we support. You will always be able to speak to someone who will coach you and provide a space for reflection. You will join a team of professionals who look out for each other and ultimately, work together creatively to achieve the same goals.
- Salary – £24,375 (£12.50 per hour)
- Flexible shift pattern
- Sleepover shifts
- Annual Leave – 28 days per year
- £150 reward for referring your friends
- No experience required
- Company pension
- Full induction and on-going paid training
- Access to discounts with a variety of retailers
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Career progression
We support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. We are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support.
- Everyone should have deep, caring and meaningful relationships in their life
- Everyone has the right to develop and grow
- Everyone has the right to a safe place to live that they can call home
- A service should be designed around the person
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box is paramount to developing bespoke services for people
Ayla is an intelligent and determined young lady who lives in her own home in Portslade.
Ayla has a bubbly, lively personality with a sarcastic, outrageous, funny sense of humour. Ayla’s biggest passion is being a voice for the autistic community. Ayla is a trainer delivering autism training across West Sussex and Brighton and Hove. Ayla is dedicated to using her lived experience as a trainer to embrace neurodiversity and speak up for those who face injustice.
Ayla enjoys studying and learning about the latest research and thinking around autism.
In Ayla’s spare time, she enjoys music, trampolining and fashion. Ayla is in a band and writes her own lyrics and poetry about politics as well as playing electric and base guitar and the drums. Ayla likes going out for drives and getting out and about to explore new areas. Ayla would like to go on holidays and have people supporting her who would enjoy this too.
Ayla is autistic and has a mild to moderate Learning Disability, heightened anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder and pathological demand avoidance which at times can lead to challenging behaviour as a result of distress. Ayla is also diagnosed with a sleep disorder, rhuematoid arthritis, lupus and raynaurd’s. Ayla has interactable epilepsy which is well controlled by medication.
- Put Ayla first and see her for the amazing lady she is
- Be willing to work through tough times and stand by Ayla
- Preferably be a driver
- Be resilient
- Have patience
- Be empathetic
- Have a lively personality
- Be happy
- Be kind and caring
- Be friendly and genuine
- Have a funny, sarcastic, outrageous sense of humour
- Be honest and transparent
- Be boundaried but without placing demands on Ayla
- Be structured and follow routines
- Be a good listener
- Be flexible
- Be reliable
- Be able to have a joke and play pranks
Full training will be provided through Seco Supports induction programme and online learning.
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join Aylas’ journey and be part of her team, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
*Please note we are not an agency and currently unable to offer sponsorship