Hi! My name is Pete, I am 26 years old and I have a mild Learning Disability and Schizo-affective disorder. I am active person and really enjoy being outdoors, going swimming and woodwork. Football is important to me and I am a supporter of Newcastle united. I am currently living in a residential placement in Durham but am now wanting to come back home to be near my family in Gateshead. I am in the process of getting my own supported living property in Gateshead and I am really excited about this as I love to cook and bake so having space to do this will be great.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for Support Workers to build my new team. I need staff for varying shifts patterns as I require 2-1 support during the day and 1 sleep at night. We currently require Full Time, Part Time and Bank staff. All staff must have flexibility and able to work days nights and weekends.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for adults with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour. Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
My teams key responsibilities are:
- To encourage me to develop life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations
- To support me in my chosen area of occupation (if applicable)
- Carry out and support a range of household tasks including cleaning, cooking, washing, minor maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To participate in my assessments and help with the preparation of my individual plans, implementation of action plans and attending my reviews.
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Seco Support’s Policies, Procedures and systems
- Promote my personal autonomy ensuring this reflects my views, wishes and opinions.
- Record and inform management of any changes observed in my physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention
- Liaise as required with my family, advocates and professionals
- Comply with all of the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation
- Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations
- Carry out and support me with house administration
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance, review and training
- Undertake all other duties and tasks commensurate with scope and grade of post as directed by management
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs so this list is not exclusive.
What you need to work with me
An NVQ or equivalent and/or experience in complex care is preferred but full training will be provided through Seco Supports full induction programme and online learning.
The following attributes are a must as I am looking to recruit resilient, observant and likeminded Support Workers who have:
- Good communication skills
- Open Mindedness
- The ability to see me as a person
- Ability to adapt their communication to meet my needs and preferences
- Understanding of my complex history
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
- An exceptionally strong salary at £11.50 per hour
- Excellent Sleep in rate of £69.76 per night
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression
If you want to join my journey and be part of my team please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.