Hi, my name is Josh I am 19 years old, I have a Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and Tic Disorder. I struggle communicating which can lead to significant challenging behaviour, although I do have some communication skills. My Staff Team support me to overcome this with distraction techniques and engagement. I am strong and determined and won’t let my challenges get the better of me. I do require support with personal care which is regulated by CQC. I am very kind, curious and active and have a great sense of humour. I enjoy being outdoors playing tag or kicking my ball around with my Staff Team, I like playing with my toys relaxing in my toy room drawing and writing in my books. I am very sociable and love to spend time with those around me this can be walking, singing, and dancing. One of my favourite songs is Celebration. I enjoy learning new skills with my Support Team. I have a car which I go out most days in with my Staff Team for drives and out for walks to places I like to visit. I enjoy spending time with my family who visit regular, and I go out for drives with them. I am looking for someone who can Support me to enjoy everyday. Joining in with my daily routine and activities, I love lots of different food, so someone who enjoys cooking would be a bonus, I would like it if I could find someone who can drive my car for me although not everyone has to drive. This would also enhance my life ensuring that I have staff who can take me out and do activities in the community. I am very chatty and thrive on positive engagement.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for additional highly experienced and qualified Support Workers to join my team. I need staff that can provide me 3-1 support 24 hours a day in my own home with the flexibility of weekends and evenings. You will be working alongside Seco Support and my family who are paramount to “my support”.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour. Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
My teams key responsibilities are:
- To encourage me to develop life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations
- Carry out and support a range of household tasks including cleaning, cooking, washing, minor maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To participate in my assessments and help with the preparation of my individual plans, implementation of action plans and attending my reviews.
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Seco Support’s Policies, Procedures and systems
- Promote my personal autonomy ensuring this reflects my views, wishes and opinions.
- Record and inform management of any changes observed in my physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention
- Liaise as required with my family, advocates and professionals
- Comply with all of the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation
- Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations
- Carry out and support me with house administration
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance, review and training
- Undertake all other duties and tasks as directed by management
- Work inline with CQC legislation and guidelines
What you need to work with me
- Experience in complex supported living services, residential services or hospital settings preferred but full training will be provided through Seco Supports full induction programme and online learning.
- Be able to work days, night and weekends
- Be a driver (desirable not essential)
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social care or equivalent is desirable
I would like my new Support Workers to have the following likes and attributes;
- Open Mindedness
- Problem solving Skills
- A Proactive nature
- Passion for supporting people with complex needs
- Ability to adapt their communication to meet my needs and preferences
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
- An exceptionally strong hourly rate of £12.50
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to a Health Cash Plan (after probation)
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression
If you want to join my journey and be part of my team please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
* Please note we are not a recruitment agency and currently do not offer sponsorship. *