Hi My name is Josh I am 18 years old and I have a Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Tic Disorder, struggles communicating which can lead to significant challenging behaviour. I am strong and determined and won’t let my challenges get the better of me. I do require personal care which is regulated by CQC. I am very kind, curious and active. Being outdoors and walking is one of my favourite things to do which has led to me completing my duke of Edinburgh awards bronze and silver. I really enjoy going to the local motor sport track with my parents. I like to recreate what I have seen at home on my Scalextric tracks and with all my toy cars. I am very social and love to spend time with those around me this can be walking or just playing games such as tag or getting messy with sensory activities. I have gone back to full time education and although I find this challenging I enjoy experiencing new things.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for additional highly experienced and qualified Support Workers to join my team. I need staff that can provide me 3-1 support 24 hours a day in my own home, full time 37.5 hours and part time 24 hours with the flexibility of weekends and evenings. You will be working alongside Seco Support and my family who are paramount to “my support”.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for people with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour. Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life
My teams key responsibilities are:
- To encourage me to develop life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations
- Carry out and support a range of household tasks including cleaning, cooking, washing, minor maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To participate in my assessments and help with the preparation of my individual plans, implementation of action plans and attending my reviews.
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Seco Support’s Policies, Procedures and systems
- Promote my personal autonomy ensuring this reflects my views, wishes and opinions.
- Record and inform management of any changes observed in my physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention
- Liaise as required with my family, advocates and professionals
- Comply with all of the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation
- Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations
- Carry out and support me with house administration
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance, review and training
- Undertake all other duties and tasks as directed by management
- Work inline with CQC legislation and guidelines
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs so this list is not exclusive.
What you need to work with me
Experience in complex supported living services, residential services or hospital settings and a NVQ level 2 in Health and Social care or equivalent is prefferred but full training will be provided through Seco Supports induction process.
I would like my new Support Workers to have the following likes and attributes;
- Open Mindedness
- Problem solving Skills
- A Proactive nature
- Passion for supporting people with complex needs
- Ability to adapt their communication to meet my needs and preferences
- Driving Licence (preffered)
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join my journey and support me to lead the life I want to lead, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Seco offer exceptionally strong hourly rates of £12.50
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to a Health Cash Plan
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression
*Please note we are not an agency and unfortunately do not provide sponsorship