*This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applicants from Females can be considered*
Hi! My name is Hannah, I am 23 and I have a learning disability and a frontal lobe impairment. I have been described as funny, kind, thoughtful and inquisitive. I am a girly girl and really love pamper activities such as getting my hair and makeup done, experimenting with different colours and tattoos. I enjoy doing others just as much, so much so I have recently completed a course. I am a motivated and active person who loves being out and about going on a good shopping spree, going to the beach, the gym, swimming and walking. When I want to relax I like to watch reality TV and listening to my favourite music from Ed Sheeran. I have a strong mind and I am not afraid to speak up for myself. The most important thing to me is my family and spending time with them and speaking to them on a phone is my favourite thing to do. In the future I would love access the community more and meet people my age. I am hoping to work or volunteer with animals and am about to start a course in animal care which will help me take care of my rabbit, daisy.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for Support Workers with similar interests to build my new team in Newcastle. I need staff for varying shifts patterns as I require 2-1 support during the day and at night. We currently require Part Time staff for 24 hours per week. All staff must have flexibility and able to work days nights and weekends.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour. Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
My teams key responsibilities are:
- To encourage me to develop life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations
- To support education and attendance
- To support me in a chosen area of occupation (if applicable)
- Carry out and support a range of household tasks including cleaning, cooking, washing, minor maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To participate in my assessments and help with the preparation of my individual plans, implementation of action plans and attending my reviews.
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Seco Support’s Policies, Procedures and systems
- Promote my personal autonomy ensuring this reflects my views, wishes and opinions.
- Record and inform management of any changes observed in my physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention
- Liaise as required with my family, advocates and professionals
- Comply with all of the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation
- Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations
- Carry out and support me with house administration
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance, review and training
- Undertake all other duties and tasks commensurate with scope and grade of post as directed by management
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs so this list is not exclusive.
What you need to work with me
An NVQ or equivalent and/or experience in complex care is preferred but full training will be provided through Seco Supports full induction programme and online learning.
The following attributes are a must as I am looking to recruit resilient, observant and likeminded Support Workers who are:
- Someone who cares for me and wants me to be happy
- Structure and reliability
- A good listener who is understanding and empathetic
- Funny, good sense of humour
- Eager to learn, open-mindedness and a problem-solver
- Encouraging and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills
- Someone who is willing to join in with my interests
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
- An exceptionally strong hourly rate of £11.00
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to a Health Cash Plan (after probation)
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression
If you want to join my journey and be part of my team please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
* Please note we are not a recruitment agency and currently do not offer sponsorship. *