Hi! My name is Bradley, I am 16 years old and I have a moderate learning disability, difficulties with communication, anxiety and ASD . I have a caring, fun and mischievous sense of humour. I like to be busy and enjoy going to the park, playing on my scooter, trampolining, walking, football and swimming. I have huge love of cars especially high end ones anywhere I go I look out for them and Mercedes are my favourite. I love to be out and about especially in the car going lots of places like the beach, I like to get lots of photos of where I visit. While at home I enjoy cooking and in my down time I like listening to music, watching people do impressions and jokes. Spending time with my family is important as they are very special to me. With time and trust I have embraced education while in my placement and hope to continue with this when I move out.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for Support Workers to build my new CQC regulated service in North Tyneside this will include elements of personal care. I need staff for varying shifts patterns as I require 3-1 support during the day and 2-1 at night. We currently require part time, full time and bank staff. All staff must have flexibility and able to work days nights and weekends.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for adults and young people with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour. Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
My teams key responsibilities are:
- To encourage me to develop life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations
- To support my education and attendance
- To support me in my chosen area of occupation (if applicable)
- Carry out and support a range of household tasks including cleaning, cooking, washing, minor maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To participate in my assessments and help with the preparation of my individual plans, implementation of action plans and attending my reviews.
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Seco Support’s Policies, Procedures and systems
- Promote my personal autonomy ensuring this reflects my views, wishes and opinions.
- Record and inform management of any changes observed in my physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention
- Liaise as required with my family, advocates and professionals
- Comply with all of the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation
- Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations
- Carry out and support me with house administration
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance, review and training
- Undertake all other duties and tasks commensurate with scope and grade of post as directed by management
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs so this list is not exclusive.
- Have over 3 years’ experience in complex supported living services, residential services or hospital settings
- Have received significant training in complex support and Autism
- Be able to work days, night and weekends
- Be a driver (desirable not essential)
NVQ level 2 in Health and Social care or equivalent is essential.
The following attributes are a must as I am looking to recruit resilient, observant and likeminded Support Workers who have:
- Good communication skills
- Sense of Humour
- Open Mindedness
- The ability to see me as a person
- Ability to adapt their communication to meet my needs and preferences
- Understanding of my complex history
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
- An exceptionally strong salary at £15 per Hour
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression
If you want to join my journey and be part of my team please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.