Are you passionate about supporting people with disabilities to live a life they choose?
Do you have a human approach and hold a strong value base?
Are you ready to lead the development of supported living services in Swindon?
We are currently recruiting for a Supported Living CQC Registered Manager ‘with a twist’.
What does this mean I hear you ask? Well……….
We have a great team within the organisation that keeps us compliant with CQC, so our main focus is recruiting an individual who:
- Is a resilient and diverse leader
- Really wants to make a difference to people’s lives
- Is able to maintain boundaries whilst remaining professional and kind
- Is able to remain calm and positive in challenging situations
- Can prioritise and manager their time effectively
- Can find people’s strengths and support them to use and develop these
We have completed our first CQC inspection with positive feedback and achieved a rating of GOOD in all areas.
We support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism who can display behaviours that challenge to live in their own homes in the community. We are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support.
- Everyone should have deep, caring and meaningful relationships in their life
- Everyone has the right to develop and grow
- Everyone has the right to a safe place to live that they can call home
- A service should be designed around the person
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box is paramount to developing bespoke services for people
What you will be doing
- Managing supported living services in the local area
- Overseeing the Team Leaders and ensuring our practice in our regulated service meets the expected standards of CQC
- Leading transitions for people who are going to be moving into their own home with their own team
- Continually working with professionals and families in regard to setting up and developing services that meets the persons needs and wants
- Creating and maintaining support/PBS plans and risk assessments
- Populating IT systems with the most up to date documentation
- Overseeing the health and safety of the people’s home
- Ensuring rotas are completed that meet the people’s needs and are fair to the team
- Overseeing the medication management for the people we support
- Providing a level of on call on a regular basis
- Overseeing the people we support finances
- Providing supervisions to your team
- Facilitating team meetings and debriefs
- Leading recruitment processes within Swindon
- Have experience in supporting adults with learning disabilities and complex needs
- Have experience in leadership where you have motivated and inspired teams
- Have a good knowledge and experience of PBS and person-centred services
- Be able to adapt systems and processes to make them work for the people we support
- Be able to build good relationships and communicate effectively
- Be trustworthy, honest and reliable
- Be able to reflect on your practise
- Have great organisational and IT skills
- Be confident when communicating with professionals and compassionate when communicating with families
What you will need
- NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- Experience of working within and leading complex services
- A driver’s license and access to a car
- Experience of working at senior management level
Why join our team?
We believe it is vital to look after our employees just as much as we do the people we support. You will always be able to speak to someone who will coach you and provide a space for reflection. You will join a team of professionals who look out for each other and ultimately, work together creatively to achieve the same goals.
- Salary – £40,000 per annum
- Annual Leave – 32 days per year (including bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Full induction and on-going paid training
- Access to discounts with a variety of retailers
- Access to a Medical Cashback Plan (after probation)
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Career progression