My name is Harry. I am a 27 year old man who is looking for a brand new support team to support me in my own home.
I have a Learning Disability, Autism, ADHD, ODD and PDA. I also have Irlen Syndrome and have coloured lenses to help me with that.
When I am frustrated or find things difficult to understand, I will present with challenging behaviour, this will include hitting, scratching and hair pulling. However, as you get to know me, you will be able to develop strategies and ways to reduce these types of behaviours.
I have a great sense of humour, am well-mannered and polite.
I love animals and have a number of pets. I am hoping to get a dog very soon.
I also love playing on my PlayStation and adore horse racing. I watch this on TV whenever I can but would very much like a support team that can take me to watch the horse racing in real life.
It is really important I find a team which can support me to live the life I want to live.
I want to be kept busy and occupied and go on holidays and explore new places. I find it really boring when I'm stuck indoors all day.
I would like my new Support Workers to have the following likes and attributes;
- Likes playing the PlayStation
- Likes horse racing
- Loves animals (I have a dog)
- Great sense of humour
- Patient and calm
- Genuinely cares about me
- Will always come back to support me, even after difficult times
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent time management
- Ideally a full driver’s license
I do not want smokers as I really can't stand the smell of smoke!
I am very excited about forming a new support team but also very nervous. If you think you could support me to lead the life I want to lead, please can you contact us? We would love to meet you!
- To provide a mentoring role to me.
- To work as part of team
- To be an excellent role model providing me with clear boundaries, rules and structure
- To provide and deliver a person centred plan and approach
- To ensure my support plan and any other important documentation is followed
- Develop & sustain positive links with my family
- Need to have a long term commitment to me
- To implement a person centred approach including activities that are purposeful and meaningful for to me
- Deliver a positive approach to risk management
- To understand safeguarding issues and when to share information
- Help create and develop plans
- To develop an understanding of my complexities that I have and respond accordingly to the support plan and all other relevant plans
- To provide me with support around the home, garden and during social activities
- To promote and encourage me to reach my full potential and independence
- Complete accurate daily reports
- To transport me to and from activities and places of interest
You do not need any formal qualifications to support me as all of your training will be delivered by Seco Support and their training partners.