Are you a creative writer? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Are your researching skills better than Google?
If so, this position could be for you………
Seco Support are recruiting a Tender Writer (Bid Writer) to support business development by providing professional proposal support for both new and existing business opportunities.
Why join our team?
We believe it is vital to look after our employees just as much as we do the people we support. You will always be able to speak to someone who will coach you and provide a space for reflection. You will join a team of professionals who look out for each other and ultimately, work together creatively to achieve the same goals.
- Salary £11.50 per hour
- Part time hours 20-25 per week
- Flexible working hours – manage your own diary
- Annual Leave – 28 days per year
- Company pension
- Full induction and on-going paid training
- Access to discounts with a variety of retailers
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health benefits such as critical illness cover, health cash plans and life insurance
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Career progression
We support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. We are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support.
- Everyone should have deep, caring and meaningful relationships in their life
- Everyone has the right to develop and grow
- Everyone has the right to a safe place to live that they can call home
- A service should be designed around the person
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box is paramount to developing bespoke services for people
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Bid Writer who has a proven track record in writing high-scoring bid proposals. Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills demonstrating visual flair and excellent understanding of language and grammar is essential for this role.
- Creating and writing winning proposals, translating complex issues and solutions back into the preferred language
- Co-ordination of the end-to-end proposal governance processes, scheduling reviews and updating bid plan trackers to ensure the timely completion of bid submissions
- Maintaining and managing the Organisations knowledge management strategy and bid library, ensuring that it remains fully up to date with the latest products and offerings including relevant sector evidence and case study material
- Monitoring all formal tender feedback on proposals both won and lost, facilitating a lessons learned analysis where necessary in order to continuously improve the quality of our bid work and our bid library
- Refreshing product and service knowledge and creating complementary service descriptions
- Understanding and clearly articulating the Organisations key strengths and differentiators
- Working closely with the Directors to understand and clearly articulate the Organsiations key business objectives and tailor the key messages to individual requirements
- Support with presentations and post-tender clarifications
- Handle queries in a prompt, professional manner
- Complete ad-hoc projects in line with organisational strategy
- Have experience and knowledge of IT systems
- Have experience in creative writing
- Have top tier researching skills
- Be dedicated
- Be reliable
- Be organised
- Have good communication skills
- Be a good team player
Full training will be provided through Seco Supports induction programme and online learning.
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join our team, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.