Full Job Description
We are recruiting a team for Yosef who is going to be moving into his own home in Gateshead. Yosef is young man who needs a team of people who will open up his opportunities and support him to experience new things.
Why join our team?
We believe it is vital to look after our employees just as much as we do the people we support. You will always be able to speak to someone who will coach you and provide a space for reflection. You will join a team of professionals who look out for each other and ultimately, work together creatively to achieve the same goals.
- Salary – £21,450 (£11.00-12.00 per hour)
- Full time and part time contracts available
- Flexible shift pattern of day/sleeping and waking night shifts
- Annual Leave – 28 days per year
- Company pension
- Full induction and on-going paid training
- Access to discounts with a variety of retailers
- Access to Medical cashback plan (after successful probation)
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Career progression
We support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. We are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support.
- Everyone should have deep, caring and meaningful relationships in their life
- Everyone has the right to develop and grow
- Everyone has the right to a safe place to live that they can call home
- A service should be designed around the person
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box is paramount to developing bespoke services for people
Yosef is an adventurous and active young man who enjoys researching new trips and experiences. Yosef is Orthodox-Jewish so it is important you are culturally aware and willing to support Yosef with his religious beliefs.
Yosef loves animals and nature as well as going out in his car. Yosef likes to be busy and is always looking for new volunteering, educational and learning opportunities.
Yosef enjoys playing on his PlayStation and using computers so it is important you are happy to be challenged to a game. Yosef likes all kinds of music and will often have a sing and dance to his favourite songs.
Yosef is able to complete a lot of daily living skills himself and is looking for his team to support him with new skills around his home.
Yosef has a diagnosis of autism, psychosis and can present with behaviours of concern. You need to be willing to take the time to understand Yosef and learn how to communicate with Yosef when he is worried about things. It is important to promote activities when Yosef is worried as this is a way to support him to regulate how he is feeling.
- Put Yosef first and see him for the amazing person he is
- Be a driver and willing to drive Yosef’s car
- Have experience of supporting adults with a diagnosis of autism and psychosis
- Be willing to work through tough times and stand by Yosef
- Have lots of energy and enjoying having fun
- Be able to promote Yosef’s cultural beliefs
- Support Yosef to make his own choices and learn new skills
- Be positive, loyal and committed to Yosef
- Be nurturing and supportive
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be resilient
- Be kind and caring
- Be friendly and genuine
- Have a good understanding of sensory needs
- Be honest and transparent
- Be structured and follow routines
- Be a good listener
- Be flexible
- Be reliable
Full training will be provided through Seco Supports induction programme and online learning.
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join Yosef’s journey and be part of his team, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.