Hi! My name is Thomas and I live in Brighton.
I need you to help me live the life that I choose! I want to enjoy good times and have settled into my new home well. I have really enjoyed meeting my new team and am enjoying spending time with them. I am making good progress at adjusting to community life at my pace and am making my own choices.
I am funny, have a great memory and am a good mimic. I love sport and TV programmes. I likes nice, home-cooked food and meeting new people. I enjoy going out for drives in my car, music with my precious radio, looking nice and being treated with kindness and care. I am devoted to his family and enjoy spending quality time with them.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for a Support Worker for my team. I need staff who can provide support on a flexible shift pattern of 0800-2000 and 2000-0800. You will be working alongside Seco and my family who are paramount to “my support”.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for people with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour.
Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs.
What you need to work with me
No experience is required, and full training will be provided through Seco Support’s induction programme and online learning. We just ask you share the same values as us.
- Everyone should have deep, caring and meaningful relationships in their life
- Everyone has the right to develop and grow
- Everyone has the right to a safe place to live that they can call home
- A service should be designed around the person
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box is paramount to developing bespoke services for people
I would like my new support workers to have the following likes and attributes. You will:
- Be dedicated
- Be reliable
- Be patient
- Have compassion
- Be understanding
- Have good communication skills
- Have a great sense of humour
- Be committed
- Show confidence
- Be caring
- Be open minded
- Hold the ability to see me as a person
- Have the ability to adapt your communication to meet my needs and preferences
- Be understanding of my complex history
- Be empathetic
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join my journey and be part of my team, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
* Please note we are not a recruitment agency and currently do not offer sponsorship.
- An exceptionally strong salary at £14.00 per hour
- Flexible shift pattern of 0800-2000 and 2000-0800
- Annual Leave – 28 days per year
- Casual dress
- No experience required
- Company pension
- Full induction and on-going paid training
- Access to discounts with a variety of retailers
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Health Cash Plan
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- Career progression
- Employee discount
- Store discount