My name is Harry.
I am 30 years old and live in my own home with my dog Worzel. I have a Learning Disability, Autism, ADHD, ODD and PDA. I also have Irlen Syndrome. I have a great sense of humour and love a joke. I adore horse racing and always watch it on TV. One of my aims is to go and watch this in real life. I have a PlayStation and am a great gamer especially sports games such as FIFA. I regularly like to play against others and would love to challenge you. I would love someone to get to know me and help me develop strategies to reduce my frustrations so I can go on holiday more often and explore new places. I hate to be stuck in and you will often find me in my hot tub relaxing.
Seco Support, support adults and young people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health difficulties to live in their own homes in the community. They are a friendly and compassionate, person-centred company with significant experience in developing individual packages of support. They are looking for an additional Support Worker for my team. I need staff that can provide support 24 hours a week Monday to Friday but with the flexibility of weekends and evenings should I require this. You will be working alongside Seco and my family who are paramount to “my support”.
Overall objectives of the post:
To be part of a team providing support for people with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health problems and/or who may exhibit challenging or offending behaviour.
Enabling supported people to maximise individual potential for independence within the home and the community as appropriate. To help create a home environment that is happy, safe, empowering and stimulating ensuring the supported person has valued relationships in their life.
My team’s key responsibilities are:
- To provide a mentoring role to me.
- To work as part of team
- To be an excellent role model providing me with clear boundaries, rules and structure
- To provide and deliver a person centred plan and approach
My team’s individual responsibilities are:
- To ensure my support plan and any other important documentation is followed
- Develop & sustain positive links with my family
- Need to have a long term commitment to me
- To implement a person centred approach including activities that are purposeful and meaningful for to me
- Deliver a positive approach to risk management
- To understand safeguarding issues and when to share information
- Help create and develop plans
- To develop an understanding of my complexities that I have and respond accordingly to the support plan and all other relevant plans
- To provide me with support around the home, garden and during social activities
- To promote and encourage me to reach my full potential and independence
- Complete accurate daily reports
- To transport me to and from activities and places of interest
Seco Support is dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs so this list is not exclusive.
What you need to work with me
An NVQ or equivalent and/or experience in complex care is preferred but full training will be provided through Seco Supports full induction programme and online learning.
I would like my new Support Workers to have the following likes and attributes:
- Likes playing the PlayStation
- Likes horse racing
- Loves animals (I have a dog)
- Great sense of humour
- Patient and calm
- Genuinely cares about me
- Will always come back to support me, even after difficult times
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent time management
- Ideally a full driver’s license
Full referencing and a full enhanced check of the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this position.
If you want to join my journey and support me to lead the life I want to lead, please complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
* Please note we are not a recruitment agency and currently do not offer sponsorship. *
- An exceptionally strong salary at £11.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Access to the ‘Employee Assistance Programme’
- Access to a Health Cash Plan
- Access to the Blue Light discount card
- Full Induction Programme
- Continuous learning and development
- Career progression